9.12.2015

Light Switch

One month into what is so far the best adventure we have experienced, but knowing God, this isn't going to be the greatest.

I've heard the question, "How did you guys get here?" more times than I can count. In our sarcastic tones we answer, "By airplane, of course. You?" People aren't that fond of that. But, in all seriousness, we got here by the hem of Jesus' coat. I have been laughing a lot lately everytime God gives me another piece to the puzzle that our two lives together are making. The stream of events that have happened just set me in awe.

First, our marriage at 18 and 21, two kids with no idea what we were doing. Not sure if we do now 4 years later. 
Then came the first year and a half of youth ministry. The happiest, most joyful year we have ever endured. Next came the tough year. Moving 3 hours away from everything normal and balanced.  Friendships were made and regretted. Struggle with finances, jobs that caused stressed. You name it! Our youth kept us strong. Then the email came..."We would love to have you here in Beit Jala." Every thing began to make sense and we realized that, that year of ministry was a spring board to bigger things! And that's when it happened, the Light Switch. See, I had been praying for months about the mission field and had decided to surprise Phillip with some news and fundraising ideas for the following summer. But, that passion God had put on my heart wasn't for any delay. He said "GO", as clear as water. 
But I had also been praying for my spirit and that God would keep mending things together and repairing me. I was broken, and still some now. That's okay though, because we are made to be fixed and molded. Everyday we are made new.

However, this time when God fixed me, He added a fountain with a few fish. Because fish can't live without water, I constantly have to keep the fountain moving. That means, my bible is ALWAYS with me, my spirit is always wanting MORE. My ears are constantly listening. My mouth, it's shut until made to open. This isn't a normal me. I don't have a desire/motivation to randomly open my Bible and read it like a Facebook post. My heart and tongue aren't constantly praying without cease. There was a Light Switch, and it was for my fountain that is going 24/7, lighting up the busyness around me. It was an immediate change. 

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

My prayer while here is that God will constantly make Himself real to myself, Phillip, our friends, families, the people we are serving with, and also those looking in on our lives. 

I want to share a few of the blessings God has used to make Himself:
• plane tickets - using buddy passes from a lady we have never met
• that same lady received a promotion in her department at the airport after helping us
• my passport came in a week and half earlier and answered a prayer BIG TIME
• being on every flight together
• financial support hasn't been an issue just as I knew it wouldn't be
• our family relationships are on the mends
• family coming to/back to God
• families of friends are being repaired 
• God put a desire on my heart to teach, I was doing so within a week, and I make a fantastic teacher
• our rent, as well our landlord has been a blessing 
• relationships and friends made

I know that this isn't all of the blessings, just some I have written down. 

Romans 8:28 NKJV
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”






A view from the roof of the elementary school. Beit Jala, West Bank

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing! So cool to hear what God is doing in you! Love you more!

    ReplyDelete