10.06.2015

We Will Not Be Shaken

2 Thessalonians 3:5
Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.

I sit here, doing everything I have ever wanted. Sharing God's love and word, living on cloud 9 as God lets the blessings pour out of the Heavens. And then conflict hits. The same type of conflict we face in the states, but it's different when you are only a mile from it and walking is the norm of transportation. Do you think this shakes the nerve of those that Jesus calls? Of course it does! We are human. But as I write these words, the song that is playing as my team worships and prays for this city says, "We will not be shaken." We sing this and smile in agreement. Some are frustrated that others can't see what we see, what this conflict is really about.  Other's (like myself) are heart broken as lives are lost in innocence. As schools and businesses are shutting down to keep children safe and show respect, we gather. Because we are here for a purpose, a calling, and this is where we pick up our swords and fight the enemy. We are a small, powerful portion of God's army. 

"God, I pray that you begin to make Yourself real to this nation. Pour out Your spirit and make known to every ear that You are indeed WITH US. Father, this is Your land, where You won the victory, where You rose from the dead and also rose people from their dead. Where You heal, just like You do everywhere else. God, You are awesome, and Your love is victorious, full of grace and mercy. So Father I ask... Would You do it again? Would You die for us, again? Would You rise up in victory, again? God, would You make Yourself real, again?"

Zephaniah 3:5 NIV
“The Lord within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame.”

Psalm 34:4-5 NIV
“I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”


No comments:

Post a Comment