3.14.2016

We Will Overcome

"March 13 - Learn To Live above your circumstances (diagnosis of endometriosis). This requires focused time with Me, the One who overcame the world. Trouble and distress are woven into the very fabric of this perishing world. Only My Life in you can empower you to face this endless flow of problems with good cheer.  As you sit quietly in My Presence, I shine Peace into your troubled mind and heart. Little by little, you are freed from earthly shackles and lifted up above your circumstances. You gain My perspective on your life, enabling you to distinguish between what is important and what is not. Rest in My Presence, receiving Joy that no one can take away from you."
 - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I didn't read this devotion until today, March 14th, after reading today's, which starts with "Do not hesitate to receive joy from Me, for I bestow it abundantly."

For 10 years (but more extensively in the past 2) I have prayed that God would prepare me to be a Mother, and to do that job to the best of my ability; an ability that only God can give. I have prayed for my husband that God would also prepare him to be a Father and Spiritual head for his children. I also prayed that when God allows us to begin that change in our lives that we would be ready together, excited together, bouncing that joy off of each other.
At the beginning of the year the conversation of trying came up and we decided that February would be the month because it timed out perfectly to be the earliest we could start getting pregnant and still travel as WE planned for the summer. That's how WE planned it. At the same time I began visiting the doctor so I could come to a conclusion of what was going on with me because things just weren't working as they needed to. I was later diagnosed with Stage 2 Endometriosis. I have shed tears, and then did what I do best and that is give it to God and move on (Phil. 3:12-14). Time is not stopping because of this, that's not how God works. But, because of the diagnosis I have noticed that my joy and excitement in trying has faded. I mean, we can still try, but it's unlikely we will conceive.

 "O you of little faith."  Yeah, I know, I am praying for healing.

My joy, excitement, it faded the moment I accepted that things were going to be harder. While it's okay to accept things as these, you know, I don't want to be in denial... but where is my expectancy? I came here with expectancy that God was/is going to do amazing things here and through us. Why does a circumstance in MY plan change that?

John 16:33 NKJV (Jesus speaking)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

John 16:22 NKJV (Jesus speaking)
Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you."

"Rest in My Presence, receiving Joy that no one can take away from you." This sentence reminds me of the song Enemy's Camp, taking back what the enemy is trying his hardest to steal from me.

No matter what, my hope is in Jesus.... Psalm 46:10 NKJV
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Today, I challenge you, give it to God surrendering ALL worry. Learn to live above your circumstance(s). They don't define the greatness that God is going to do in your life.

Philippians 3:12-14 MSG
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment